For Sir Paul Smith, the secret to success is simple: just have a distinctive point of view.
Over the past four decades, the British fashion designer has created a successful business built on the premise of being “classic with a twist.”
In an entertaining and self-depreciating presentation, Smith showcased his colorful and quirky personality — traits that shine through in his clothes, as well.
One thing he’s perhaps most proud of, he said, is being independent. After being introduced as the chief executive officer of the Paul Smith brand, he said: “I didn’t know I was a ceo, I’ve always just been known as the boss. I have a tiny business in comparison to most of you guys out there. We do sell in over 70 countries, but the delicious thing about Paul Smith is we’re still independent. In the morning when I shave the only guy I have to answer to is the guy in the mirror.”
As a result of this independence, Smith said he can “be very spontaneous. I’m very happy to run a relatively small business.”
The magic behind that business begins in an office in Covent Garden that is jam-packed with so many knickknacks, toys, books and memorabilia that the
Independence Day BBQ 3:26
Remember that fourth of July when those Aliens came and tried to wipe out mankind? That was CRAZY!
Submitted by: Eric Appel
Keywords: Independence Day Remember That Fourth of July Wipe Out Eric Appel Allan McLeod Matty Smith Michael Busch matt manser July 4th barbeque bbq party summer aliens
Those of us who are newly divorced have something extra to celebrate this Fourth of July: The freedom to do exactly as we please now that we’re single again! (Also: the freedom to take up the entire bed. That’s a major win.)
1. “I’m no longer walking on eggshells all the time!”
2. “I’m discovering who I am as an individual and creating and achieving my own goals, entirely on my own. Learning that happiness and love comes from within is pretty amazing.”
3. “The best thing? Always picking the movie and not having to share the popcorn.”
4. “I love staying in and hanging out with my kids. The stress is gone, even for my cat. I never realized just how much my ex stressed out my cat until the ex left and the cat stopped having accidents all over the house!”
5. “I have freedom to do what I want, wake up when I’m ready and go to sleep when I’m ready.It’s freedom to be myself.”
6. “I know if something needs to be done, I’ll get it done. It’s better than asking my ex to do something and then never having him do it.”
7. “I’m now able to give 100 percent of my heart and time to my daughter.”
8. “I no longer have to clean up after my ex! It was like having a fourth child.”
9. “Deciding what to do every day and night is now in my hands. The kids have a say, too. It is truly our life to breathe, to experience, to explore.”
10. “There’s no one to steal the covers, hog the bed or keep me awake with snoring or the TV. I sleep so well now.”
11. “I like just doing things because I want to do them. When my girls are with their dad, I just go. One day I decided I’d get a tattoo I’d been wanting. I just went out and did it!”
12. “It’s great to give zero f*cks about what a significant other is doing.”
13. “I get to experience new things I probably wouldn’t have done while I was married, like playing on a kickball league, participating in mud runs and learning how to golf.”
14. “I can spend my money on what I want!”
15. “I’m learning to take care of myself. And I no longer just define myself as a wife and mother. I’m accomplishing things I never would have imagined back when I was complacent in my marriage.”
16. “Post-divorce sex!”
17. “I love doing whatever I want, whenever I want and not having to explain myself to anybody.”
18. “I can turn on the AC or the heater whenever I want. When I lived with my ex, I had to freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer. I’m out of temperature prison now!”
19. “There are no more never-ending arguments.”
20. “I’m getting to know myself! I had been with my ex since I was 21 years old. He was all I knew.”
Keep in touch! Check out HuffPost Divorce on Facebook.
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
© © 1998 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
‘Independence Day Resurgence’ hits theaters June 2016.
Anna Kendrick tweeted her frustration about Mae Whitman not being chosen to reprise her role in “Independence Day 2.”
He’s alive! But wait…
The upcoming sequel of Independence Day has added two more notable stars to their cast, but that’s not exactly what has everyone…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Entertainment News! –