Nipsey Hussle’s estate is taking a Crips company to court … the late rapper’s relatives are suing over his famous slogan. Nipsey’s brother, Samiel Asghedom, just filed suit against Crips LLC — you read that right, the gang’s gone corporate –…
On Saturday, October 12, 2019, Eliud Kipchoge became the first person ever to run a marathon in under two hours, a staggering achievement in athletics and human performance. Dr. Michael Joyner, an exercise physiologist at the Mayo Clinic, first predicted it might be possible in a paper he wrote in 1991. WIRED’s Robbie Gonzalez has been following Kipchoge’s attempts for years, and spoke with Joyner about how Kipchoge finally made it happen.
Plus, exclusive interviews with Broccoli City Festival's Brandon McEachern and WHATUPRG.
MTV is airing the movies that inspired Ariana Grande’s “thank u, next” music video on Saturday, December 15 and giving away tickets to the Sweetener World Tour.
Defending champion Rafael Nadal shockingly was shut out in the first set of his US Open quarterfinal before coming back to beat No. 9 seed Dominic Thiem.
www.espn.com – TOP
Runners have been trying to break through the 2 hour marathon mark for decades. Here’s the incredible science behind how Eliud Kipchoge came within 25 seconds in Nike’s Breaking2 project.
4 hours of all interracial action!
“Star Wars” producers announce a marathon, worldwide roll-out of toys for “The Force Awakens”. Jane Ross reports.
One musician and athlete is taking down menstruation stigma one marathon at a time.
Running a marathon is a major life goal for many people, but it takes precise planning and extensive training to succeed in the 26.2-mile-long race. Here are some training tips for marathon hopefuls:
- Quit your job
- Hire a personal trainer to make sure you’re training as expensively as possible
- Make sure you have a pair of new, comfortable running clogs
- Familiarize yourself with the course ahead of time so you’ll know how to direct ambulances to your location
- Carbo-load with plenty of pasta the night before you consider entering a marathon
- Try to run at least once before race day
- Staying hydrated is important, so be sure to drink plenty of bodily fluids
- Bear in mind that cramps are a signal you are about to die
- Visualize your success and how good it will feel to accomplish something hundreds of other people will accomplish before you that …
“Lord of the Rings” fans are lightweights. Marvel THIS!
The marathon will begin at select theaters — some of which haven’t been announced — at 6 p.m. on April 29, and run through all 11 Marvel movies released since “Iron Man” in 2008, The Verge reports. The cinematic binge will cost $ 65, which comes out to just under $ 6 a movie, and give fans early access to the Avengers sequel that has received a lot of hype.
Here’s a full list of the lineup, according to AMC:
- 6 p.m. IRON MAN
- 8:25 p.m. THE INCREDIBLE HULK
- 10:35 p.m. IRON MAN 2
- 1 a.m. THOR
- 3:10 a.m. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
- 5:30 a.m. THE AVENGERS
- 8:48 a.m. IRON MAN 3
- 11:15 a.m. THOR: THE DARK WORLD
- 1:45 p.m. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
- 4:20 p.m. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
- 7 p.m. AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Hot Tip Alert!
HBO’s critically acclaimed The Wire is now available on HBO Go and will also be available for purchase on January 5 via iTunes, Google Play, XBox Video and Vudu. Produced by David Simon, the series which launched the careers of Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, Michael K. Williams and more will finally release all 60 episodes.
[ALSO READ: HBO to release The Wire in remastered HD]
Chronicling the drug trade, political power struggles and tangled relationships throughout the streets of Baltimore, HBO began airing a marathon of the well received crime drama, giving fans and new viewers alike the chance to start from the beginning. For those not able to catch the marathon, HitFlix has provided the link to every single episode which can be found here.