Michael Jackson never molested a guy named Brett Barnes — so says Barnes himself — and he’s getting ready to sue HBO for a documentary insinuating he was sexually abused by MJ. The upcoming documentary, “Leaving Neverland,” shows Brett, and he claims…
Lifetime’s Surviving R. Kelly docuseries not only put the spotlight back on the singer’s predatory behavior but also sparked a serious conversation regarding child molestation. Kelly’s younger brother Carey Kelly touched on being molested in the doc and now is sharing even more details.
The Kelly family has some serious issues.
Carey revealed in the Dream Hampton directed docuseries that like his older brother he too was molested by a family member. He didn’t tell all of the details but did state he tried to speak with his brother about it but was dismissed and based on that reaction decided to keep it a secret from his mother.
Last year in December, Carey spoke with radio personality Tasha K and gave a very detailed account of the molestation that took place at the hands of his late older sister Theresa. Describing the situation as a “Catch 22” because he understood why his sister had to babysit him and his older brothers due to his mother having to work and go to school. In the interview, he recounts his older sibling using the opportunity to put him in situations no child should be in that continue to haunt him to this day.
The first Kelly recounts his sister forcing him to touch her private area.
At first, I thought she was playing, but she was insistent on me coming over to her and I was hesitant and she grabbed my arm. She took my hand and started rubbing it on her private part and I started crying. I guess that kind of scared her. Then she told me to go back to the living room. That was the first time she attempted to test the waters, so to speak. “
Kelly then shares how a week later from the first incident how his sister became more aggressive even performing oral sex on him.
“She took my face, and I’m short and she brought me into the room from the living room and she had the robe on again and she sat on the bed and she grabbed my head and put it down by her private part. She told me to lick her private parts. Of course, I didn’t know what I was doing at six years old she was like ‘stick your tongue out! stick your tongue out! lick it! lick it! lick it fast’ She was giving me instructions. I just started crying and then she went down and she started giving me oral sex, even as a kid I know this was wrong. I’m not condoning this.”
The molestation went on for six years with Kelly never telling his late mother. You can watch him tell his own story in the interview below.
Photo: Tim Mosenfelder / Getty
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar spoke out Wednesday about their eldest son admitting to sexually molesting young girls over a decade ago.
Josh Duggar’s parents knew he repeatedly molested his five-year-old sister but failed to notify authorities for at least 16 months … this according to a just-released police report. According to the report, obtained by In Touch, Josh confessed to Jim…
The Duggars have broken their silence on Josh Duggar’s alleged molestation case.
While parents Michelle and Jim Duggar had a lot to say about the scandal, it was the teaser…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Entertainment News! –
On Wednesday, “19 Kids and Counting” stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar broke their silence for the first time since their oldest son Josh admitted that he molested five underage girls, including his sisters Jessa and Jill. The Duggar parents additionally admitted to keeping the matter from police.
In an two-part interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, the first of which aired Wednesday night, the conservative Christians, who follow the Quiverfull movement, explained how they responded when their son first confessed to them.
“There so much grief in our hearts. I think, as parents, we felt, ‘We’re failures,'” Michelle said. “We’ve tried to raise our kids to do what’s right – to know what’s right – and yet one of our children made some really bad choices and I think, as a parent, just, we were devastated.”
Jim Bob told Kelly that Josh came to them saying he was “curious” about girls, and had touched them over their clothes while they slept.
The Duggar family patriarch noted that none of the girls were aware of what had been done to them. But the touching and curiosity was not an isolated incident.
“After that third time he came to us is where we really felt like, we have done everything we can as parents…We need to get help,” Jim Bob said, adding that their solution was to send Josh to Little Rock, Arkansas to do construction work with a family friend, who was not a licensed counselor.
Jim Bob also noted that, “As parents you aren’t mandatory reporters.” He pressed that Josh “was still a kid and he was still a juvenile. He wasn’t an adult…This wasn’t rape or anything like that. This was touching over the clothes.”
Both parents admitted they felt guilty after learning Josh’s behavior continued, but “the truth is that kids will make their own choices,” Jim Bob said.
The Duggars claimed that all their children received professional counseling, including Josh, who Michelle said paid for his own treatment.
When asked if they were worried the treatment didn’t work, Jim Bob said, “Josh is a changed person.”
Michelle also revealed the family now has “safe guards” in place, including not letting the boys babysit, not letting younger ones sit on older boys’ laps, and not playing hide and go seek.
The Duggars attempted to turn things around, claiming that the real injustice is that police records were allegedly illegally obtained, and Josh’s sealed juvenile records were exposed.
In Touch, the magazine that broke the story and published the police reports, has repeatedly stated it obtained information through the Freedom of Information Act. Despite this, Jim Bob told Kelly he’s talking to lawyers about possibly suing a woman who allegedly leaked the report to the magazine.
And while the names of Josh’s familial victims had never been publicly identified, their identities were never a secret to anyone who could do the math.
Sisters Jessa Seewald, 22, and Jill Dillard, 24, (née Duggar) also broke their silence, confirming they were two of the minors whom Josh molested — though those aren’t the term they’re using.
“I do want to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester or a pedophile or a rapist, some people are saying,” Jessa told Kelly in an interview that will air on Friday . “I’m like, ‘That is so overboard and a lie really.’ I mean people get mad at me for saying that, but I can say this because I was one of the victims.”
Jessa did, however, call her brother’s actions “very wrong.”
(Left to right: Duggar sisters Joy-Anna, Jessa, Jinger, Jill and Jana)
Because the statute of limitation on this case has expired, Josh can no longer be prosecuted despite his recent confession.
However, In Touch has obtained a new police report from the Washington County Sheriff’s Office that states Josh told his father on three separate occasions that he performed sexual acts on four of his younger sisters and a family friend. The document, which isn’t as heavily redacted as previous ones, makes it clear that Josh was 15 at the time he abused a 5-year-old girl and committed at least seven acts of molestation.
In the weeks since the scandal broke, TLC has pulled “19 Kids and Counting” from its schedule, but has yet to make a long-term decision about the fate of the show — even as more than 20 advertisers have pulled sponsorship from the series.
Following his confession in May, Josh resigned as executive director of Tony Perkins’ conservative and anti-gay group Family Research Council Action. The 27-year-old is married with three children and a fourth due in July.
The Duggars’ decision to give Fox News their first interview isn’t surprising, given that the network largely ignored the story the week it first broke. According to Media Matters, Fox News spent less than two minutes covering the Duggar molestation story between May 21 and May 25, compared to almost an hour of coverage from CNN and MSNBC.
Additionally, Kelly slammed media coverage surrounding the family on Monday, asking why so little attention has been paid to the fact that police records of someone, who was at the time a teenager, were released to In Touch.
“Josh Duggar’s private, personal, sealed records have been improperly released. It doesn’t excuse any of his behavior,” Kelly said. “It’s one thing if the Duggars want to talk about it … [but] the media didn’t even pause. And there is a question about why they were so excited to feast on this carcass.”
Again, In Touch has stated they obtained police records legally through the Freedom of Information Act.
“The Kelly File” will sit down with Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald again on Friday night at 9 p.m. Watch part one of the interview above.
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
Hot Tip Alert!
A man who claimed Michael Jackson sexually molested him over two decades ago has attempted a late creditor’s claim against the late entertainer’s estate. On Tuesday, a judge dismissed the charges filed by 32-year-old dancer, Wade Robson.
The case was overseen in Los Angeles Superior Court by Judge Mitchell Beckloff, who heard arguments on the case last month. As reported by MyNewsLa.com, the Jackson estate’s motion to dismiss the case was successful and was bolstered by the fact Robson already testified under oath in 2005 that Jackson never touched him.
More from MyNewsLa.com:
Robson, 32, alleged Jackson molested him between 1990-97, though he testified in the singer’s 2005 child molestation trial — which involved another boy and ended with Jackson’s acquittal — that the entertainer did not abuse him.
Attorney Howard Weitzman, on behalf of the Jackson estate, today hailed Beckloff’s ruling.
“The court’s dismissal of Wade Robson’s claim against the estate of Michael Jackson confirms that his lawsuit was inappropriately filed,” Weitzman said. “Mr. Robson testified under oath in a courtroom that Michael never did anything improper with him. The estate believes his testimony was honest when his sole motivation was ‘to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”‘
Robson needed a judge’s permission to bring a late probate court claim because his court papers were filed in May 2013, nearly four years after the entertainer’s June 25, 2009, overdose death at age 50.
Robson claims that suppressed memories of the alleged molestation began to surface via a series of therapy sessions in 2012. Despite the ruling, Robson’s lawyers claim their client has rights to pursue a case against the estate.
The post Dancer’s Michael Jackson Molestation Claim Dismissed By Judge appeared first on Hip-Hop Wired.
Oprah Winfrey took swift action when her production company got a tip that Josh Duggar had molested young girls, including some of his sisters, refusing to go through with a scheduled appearance on her talk show. As we reported, the first tip about Josh…
TLC has stopped airing episodes of its hit reality series ’19 Kids and Counting,’ in light of molestation allegations involving Josh Duggar.