“Welcome Home” stars Emily Ratajkowski and Aaron Paul take the WIRED Autocomplete Interview and answer the internet’s most searched questions about themselves. What is Emily Ratajkowski’s diet like? Is Aaron Paul related to Millie Bobby Brown? How do you pronounce Emily Ratajkowski? Aaron and Emily answer all these questions and more!
“Welcome Home” is available exclusively now on DIRECTV and will open in theaters November 16th. WIRED Videos
It’s kinda terrifying … Halloween’s officially behind us but luckily these celebs went all out for one last scary ass bash in 2018. Halsey, Rihanna and Emily Ratajkowski are just a few of the celebs who brought their best on…
Marc Jacobs may have transformed the Ziegfeld Theatre for “One Night Only!” as proclaimed the posters and Playbills, but you can relive the moment again and again with our exclusive video of the event. From Emily Ratajkowski’s rehearsal strut to the band breaking into a rendition of the Beastie Boys’s “Sabotage,” we’ve captured all the exciting and elusive moments inside the theater. Watch it unfold above.
Since she appeared in Robin Thicke’s eyebrow-raising music video for “Blurred Lines,” people cannot get enough of Emily Ratajkowski. (And it’s easy to see why.) Now she’s transitioning from coquettish cover girl to leading lady with the upcoming DJ drama We Are Your Friends, starring opposite Zac Efron. To mark the occasion, we took a break from compulsively scrolling through the EmRata’s Instagram and did a little digging about the model turned actress. Here, five things you never knew about Emily Ratajkowski.
1. Ratajkowski’s parents were reluctant to let her start modeling at a young age, saying they didn’t want a child-star model. Modeling scouts continued to pursue Ratajkowski into her teen years. “My mom would snap back, ‘She’s going to be a brain surgeon,’ ” she once told the New York Times. At the age of fourteen, she was signed by Ford.
2. Her first acting job was in 2009, when she appeared in a small role on iCarly. “I didn’t grow up with TV, so I didn’t even know what the show was when I auditioned. I only did two episodes, so I was just on set about two weeks.”
3. Her 2011 cover for the erotica magazine Treats, which featured a nude, black-and-white portrait of Ratajkowski hugging her knees into her chest, would launch her career. Robin Thicke saw the pictorial and then showed his video director, Diane Martel, who then contacted her agent about appearing in “Blurred Lines.”
4. Ratajkowski, not wanting to get pigeonholed in the music-video world (she appeared in Maroon 5’s “Love Somebody,” and in “Fast Car” by Taio Cruz), initially declined to appear in “Blurred Lines.” She was later persuaded after hearing Martel’s playful vision for the video. As for the ensuing criticism, Ratajkowski felt it gave her “an opportunity to say the things that I felt about feminism today and about women in general in pop culture.”
5. Having grown up in a progressive household, Ratajkowski is very comfortable with nudity, and is unafraid of baring it all for the camera—especially for a compelling role. “I’m not worried about nudity,” she has told the New York Times. “I’d rather play a complex character who has a love scene than a stupid girl who’s just a girl next door.”
It’s summer: That means lots of flowing maxi dresses, fancy flats, and perfect tans. But what’s the secret to taking that festive cover-up from the beach to cocktail hour? Actress Emily Ratajkowski took to the streets of Los Angeles last night to answer that very question, sporting a lace minidress ideal for reposing à la plage but made city-friendly through clever accessorizing. (Could she have benefited from a slip? Perhaps, but the “Blurred Lines” model is no stranger to the power of strategic skin-baring.)
The trick to the 24-year-old’s extended haute holiday moment (she is recently returned from the Italian coast) is through her coordinated accessories. A honey brown shoulder bag (rather than, say, a raffia tote or other beach-signifying accessory) both perfectly complements her leg-lengthening barely there sandals while elevating the ensemble to city-ready. The fact that they simultaneously highlight her tan is just a bonus. The moral here? With summer only getting hotter, it’s time to test the waters sartorially, to make your time away from home last longer.
Watch 6 models make moves in spring’s most personal denim
Late nights turned into lazy mornings this week as models and celebrities opted to order in—in their bathrobes. From Emily Ratajkowski celebrating her birthday in New York City to Carolyn Murphy ordering room service in London, here are ten Instagrams to inspire your breakfast in bed. Charge it, please!